A simple recipe for an Indian sweet with colors to represent the Indian flag. Nothing is better then celebrating Republic day with a sweet dish that symbolizes our Flag color.
- Cashewnuts – 250 gms
- Almonds – 150 gms
- Sugar – 750 gms
- Ghee – 250 to 300 gms
- Milk – 1 cup
- Green Cardamom – 10 powdered
- Saffron Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Green Color Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Orange or Red Color Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Soak cashews and almonds separately for half an hour.
- Drain and peel almonds.
- Grind the nuts together to form a thick paste.
- Add milk and sugar and grind again.
- Split the paste into three equal parts.
- Mix the red coloring to the first part.
- Add 1/3rd of the ghee and cardamom powder.
- Heat the paste in a pan and stir until it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Pour the paste into a ghee coated plate and spread well.
- Add half of the remaining ghee and cardamom powder to the second mix and repeat the same process. This paste will remain white in color.
- Pour the paste when done over the red paste and spread without mixing.
- Add green coloring, remaining ghee and cardamom powder to the third part.
- Prepare the paste with the same method and pour over the second layer.
- Spread it evenly.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and cashew and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, cut into square or diamond shaped pieces.
Get Indulged in the Celebration of Republic Day with this Tri Color Sweet Barfi