Rains without Snack is incomplete. Baby Corn pakodas make a very good cocktail snack for Summers.
12-15 Baby Corn
1 cup Plain Flour
2 tbsp Gram Flour
1 tbsp Corn Flour
3 to 4 Garlic pods (peeled and crushed)
2 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
Some ginger pieces (finely grated)
1 tbsp coriander finely chopped
A pinch of baking soda
Salt to taste
1 tbsp hot oil
½ tsp Chaat Masala (Optional)
Oil for deep frying
2 small green onions (for garnishing)
- Wash the baby corns and let them dry on a kitchen towel.
- Take a big bowl add all the flours, garlic, green chillies, ginger. Now adding little by little water make a thick batter. Mix it well without any lumps. Make sure to beat the batter for full 5 minutes so that the batter gets light.
- Add hot oil, chopped coriander, salt, soda and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a kadai/ wok. When the oil is hot, put a drop of the batter in the oil. If the drop comes up immediately that means the oil is ready.
- Reduce the flame to medium.
- Now take a baby corn and dip it in the batter such that it is evenly coated with it. Put it in the hot oil. Repeat the process for 4 – 5 more baby corns.
- Fry these baby corns till they are golden brown in color. Make sure not to overcrowd the kadai.
- Take them out and drain on absorbent paper.
- Garnish it with chopped green onions.
Serve this hot Baby Corn Pakoda with ketchup and enjoy the rains.