- 1 tsp mustard seeds (sarson)
- 1 cup sour curd (dahi)
- 2 to 4 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- ½ tsp chilli poweder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tbsp bengal gram flour (besan)
- ¾ tsp chilli powder
- Wash properly the whole moong before soaking it for 2 to 3 hours.
- Drain the moong
- pressure cook the moong (two whistles) with 11/2 cups of water. After it is cooked, let the steam escape.
- Mix sour curd, spices, besan in a bowl. Keep aside.
- In a kadhai, heat oil and then put mustard seeds, curry leaves, hing, ginger paste and saute for a few seconds on a medium flame
- Now add the cooked moong and mix well. Keep cooking for about a minute.
- The curd-besan mixture is now ready to be used with it. Put it in the moong mix and add salt, a cup of water and mix well.
- Stir the ingredients for 3 – 4 minutes
- Garnish with coriander and eat with either rice or roti
For those who savour daal in their main course, this one for sure will tickle your taste-buds. A delectable sour taste is the specialty of this dish. .