Maramarala Laddu / Puffed Rice Ladoo Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins|Cook time: 20 mins| Makes: 10-12 laddus
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: snack, sweet
- 3 to 3.5 cups Puffed Rice
- 1/2 cup Powdered Jaggery
- A pinch of Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ghee
- Heat the jaggery with little water just enough to immerse it. Let the jaggery dissolves completely.
- Strain the melted jaggery in a strainer to remove impurities.
- Add the cardamom powder to it and bring it to a boil.
- Continue heating till it reaches soft ball consistency.
- To check the consistency, take little water in a cup and pour few drops of syrup into the water. It should not dissolved and you should be able to gather and form a non sticky soft ball.
- When this consistency is reached, reduce the flame and add the puffed rice little by little.
- Stir until well combined.
- If you feel it is too sticky, add more puffed rice to it and combine.
- Turn off the flame.
- When it is still warm, grease your hands with little ghee and roll the mixture into tight round balls.
- Store them in an airtight container.