The Word ‘Shahi’ means royal and tukda means ‘a piece’. so, Shahi Tukda literally get translated to royal piece. One piece of a traditionally made rich, popular desert ‘shahai tukda’ will give you a feeling of royalty.
- Heat water and sugar in pan, add the saffron strands once the water starts boiling. Once the sugar syrup turns a little thick. Put off the stove and keep aside.
- In an another pan, boil the milk in medium flame until the milk is reduced to about 1/4th of its original quantity.
- Do not forget to stir continuously, once the milk is reduced, add cardamom powder, sugar mix well. Continue to heat it while stirring continuously for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside. Now take the bread slices and cut them into sides and slice it as two triangles.
- Heat ghee in a pan and shallow fry the bread till they are crisp and golden brown on each side. Once the bread slices are fried, soak each slice in the sugar syrup for about a minute.
- Arrange it on the serving dish. Pour the rabri over the bread slices and garnish with the chopped nuts. Serve warm.