Paneer Ki Jalebi is one of the most loved sweets in the month of Ramadan. It is a great desi dessert for Paneer lovers. Do Try this simple recipe and bring sweetness home this Ramzan !
- Paneer (150 gm)
- Milk (2 tsp)
- Refined wheat flour (maida) (1 tsp)
- Baking powder (A pinch)
- Cardamom (elaichi) powder (1/4 tsp)
- Green cardamom (elaichi) (3–4)
- Saffron (kesar) (a few strands)
- Sugar (1 cup)
- Water (1/2 cup)
- Oil (for deep-frying)
- In a heavy-bottom pan, dissolve sugar in water and heat till it bubbles.
- Add elaichi and continue boiling on medium heat, stirring occasionally, add saffron strands.
- The syrup should be of single-string consistency.
- In a paraat, mix flour, chhena, baking powder and elaichi powder and knead into a soft and moist dough using some water.
- Roll the dough into medium thick rope of around 12 cm.
- Slowly wind or coil the dough, make two and a half turns leaving small space between the turns.
- In a flat pan, heat oil to medium hot.
- Slowly add the paneer jalebis and fry till golden brown.
- Immerse the fried jalebis immediately in warm sugar syrup.
- Cover and let stand for a couple of hours.
- Heat the syrup with the paneer jalebis till boiling point.
- Cover and let cool for a few hours.
- Paneer jalebis should absorb most of the syrup and swell in size.
- Serve the paneer jalebis warm or cold.