Flax seeds are one of the richest sources of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential to build immunity, manage cholesterol and prevent heart disease. They can be tricky to add to your diet, so here is a simple and healthy flax seed raita recipe.
• 1 cup thickly grated bottle gourd (doodhi/lauki)
• 1 cup fresh yoghurt, beaten
• 1/2 cup finely chopped mint (pudina) leaves
• 1/4 tsp cumin (jeera) seeds, roasted
• 1/4 tsp black salt (sanchal)
• 1/2 tsp sugar
• 1½ tbsp flax seeds
• Salt to taste
• Roast the flax seeds and blend them in a mixer.
• Combine the bottle gourd with 1/4 cup of water in a deep pan and mix well. Cover and cook on a medium flame for about five minutes or till all the water evaporates. Keep aside to cool.
• Combine all the ingredients, including the cooked bottle gourd in a deep
bowl and mix well.
• Refrigerate for at least an hour.
• Serve chilled.