Kheer, the creamy, milky and the most delicious rice pudding prepared all over in India. It is believed to be in existence for more than 2000 years
- 2 litres full-cream milk
- 1 can (400 gms) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 50 gms almonds blanched and slivered
- 50 gms raisins
- A few strands of saffron
- Rose petals to garnish (optional)
- Bring the coconut milk, milk and sugar to a boil in a large saucepan. Add Basmati rice, and simmer over low heat until the mixture thickens and the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the raisins, cardamom and rose water, and cook for a few more minutes. Ladle into serving bowls, and garnish with almonds and pistachios.