This ghee laden halwa is a creamy, moist , melt in mouth delicacy.
- Moong dal – 1 cup
- Almonds – 10
- Saffron strands – few
- Ghee – ½ cup
- Cardamom pwd – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Mix well and stir until the halwa comes to thicker consistency.
- Pour it in a ghee greased plate.
- Allow to cool for 5 to 6 hrs.
- Slice it to desired shape with greased knife. Wash and soak moong dal for 3 hours.
- Soak almonds in warm water for ½ an hour.
- Peel off the skin and make a paste of it.
- Grind to smooth paste adding little water.
- Soak saffron strands in 2 tbsp of warm milk.
- Heat the ghee in heavy bottomed kadai.
- Add moong dal paste and sauté to golden in low flame.
- Add milk, badam paste, saffron soaked in milk, cardamom pwd and cook until the milk is absorbed
- Remove from flame and keep aside.
- Heat water in a pan, add sugar and make sugar syrup.
- Add the moong dal mixture in this syrup and stir quickly.
- Garnish with thin slices of almond, pista and saffron strands.
- Delicious Moong dal halwa ready to relish..!
This halwa is made from split yellow Moong Dal that tastes superb and very easy to prepare.