Chicken goes with every celebration, and if your Women is also a Chicken Lover, this simple Recipe of Chicken Kabab is certainly going to win her heart this Women’s Day.
- 1/2 c. plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 c. couscous
- 2 red peppers, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. oil, plus more for the grill
- 1/4 c. fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 2 oz. crumbled feta cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, garlic, ginger, curry powder, ground cloves, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the chicken and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Place the couscous in a large bowl, add 1 1/4 cups hot water, cover and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Thread the chicken and peppers onto skewers. Lightly oil the grill and cook the kebabs, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and fold in the oil, the remaining tablespoon lemon juice, then the mint, and feta.
Give your Women a break from Kitchen, serve her this special dish on her very special day.