- Surti Papdi/ Valor Papdi (beans) – 1 cup
- Fresh Green chickpeas – ½ cup
- Brinjal(Eggplant)/ Baingan – ½ cup
- Raw bananas – 1 cup
- Sweet potatoes – 2 cups
- Yam cubes – 150 grams
- Green Chilies – 1 cup
- Grated garlic – 1/2 cup
- Crushed Gingers – 1 small size
- Coriander Leaves – 1 cup
- Fenugreek Leaves – 1 cup
- Wheat flour – ¼ cup
- Bengal Gram Flour – ½ cup
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp.
- Red Chili powder – 1 tbsp.
- Grated Coconut – ½ cup
- Asafoetida – 1 stick
- Coriander Powder – ¼ tsp.
- Cumin Powder – ¼ tsp.
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp.
- Carom Seeds – ½ tsp.
- Sesame seeds – ½ tsp.
- Peanuts – ½ cup
- Cashew nuts – ½ cup
- Sugar – ½ tbsp.
- Lemon Juice – ¼ tbsp.
- Peanut Oil – 1 large tbsp.
- Water – 2 large cups
- Salt – as per taste
Take the beans, both Surti Papdi and valor Papdi. String and pod in a bowl. Approximately take 100 grams and then rinse it properly. Keep it aside for some time. After some time, peel off their skin and slit chop them.
Take 8 to 10 medium sized brinjal (Eggplant) in a bowl of water and rinse them properly. Remove the upper portion of brinjal but do not chop or split them apart.
Now take other veggies like potato, sweet potato, and yam in another bowl. Properly rinse them and chop them and keep aside.
Now, peel off the skin of washed 4-5 bananas and chop them into small cubes.
Crush the ginger with the mortal pestle and grate the garlic.
- Mix finely chopped fenugreek and besan (Gram flour) in mixing bowl. Take 100 grams of fenugreek and half cup besan, add water to the mixture. Approximately take 1 tbsp red chili powder and grated coconut to the mixture.
- Slight mix a pinch of baking soda in the mixture and other powders like cumin and coriander. You may add sugar and lemon for the taste, but that is optional.
- Keep adding oil and make a stiff dough. Add salt as per taste.
- Once the dough is done, rest it for some time approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Take the dough, apply oil in palms and start making dumplings of oval shape.
- In the frying pan, take the oil and fry the dumplings.
- Prepare a paste from Masala Powders like chili, coriander, garlic, and ginger.
- Take the coconut and grate it. In another bowl, wash the coriander leaves and keep it.
- Crush to a paste, the mixture of ginger, garlic and green chilies. With this crushed pastes add sesame seeds and the red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder. Also, crush some peanuts and cashew nuts for enriching the taste. Mix it properly.
- To finalize the taste, sprinkle the lemon juice, sugar, and salt as required.
- Apply the amount of Oil as we have to marinate the vegetables with the paste. Bring the brinjal, bananas and potatoes. Slit these veggies and stuff them with the paste. This process is called as Marination.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes
- Take the pressure cooker, heat the sesame oil. After the oil is heated, add carom, ½ tsp. of asafoetida and cumin seeds, stir till the color change.
- Add the peas to the heated oil and stir well again for some time but peas should not be burned.
- Add the vegetables to it. First, make a layer of yam, then banana and lastly sweet potato.
- Stir well till the veggies and the masala mix with each other properly. Add the 1 cup water in increment as needed.
- Place the Gatta we made in the last layer
- Cover the cooker and let it cook.
- After a while, check the mixture and add Papdi.
- Once it is cooked, add turmeric, flour, ajwain and salt.
- Now again let it cook till the Yam is perfectly made.
- Add coriander leaves and some lemon juice to raise the taste buds
- Add sugar and check for salt if required.